Dengue cases down by 408 in six months PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 12 July 2014 10:46

The city health office has reported a decrease by 408 in the number of dengue cases recorded for the first six months of this year compared to the same period the previous year.

City Health Officer Dr. Rodelin Agbulos said they have recorded 1,588 dengue cases from January to June this year which is lower by 408 compared to the 1,996 cases registered for the same period last year.

The dengue cases recorded during the first six months of this year are as follows: January, 291; February, 220; March, 127; April, 128; May, 374; and, June, 448.

The previous year’s record covering the same period were the following: January, 352; February, 346; March, 327; April, 259; May, 333; and, June, 379.

Agbulos attributed the decline in the number of cases to the continuous clean-up drive initiated by his office in partnership with the barangays especially those with high number of dengue cases.

Agbulos said they also recorded a drop of four cases in the number of mortality covering the period from January to June this year compared to the same period last year.

He said this year’s mortality from January to June was recorded at 13 deaths compared to 17 deaths of the same period last year.

He said they will continue with the advocacy to prevent and control occurrence of dengue together with the barangay officials and media partners. — TPG