Deocampo confident to solve 2 Baluno shootings PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 25 March 2011 15:47

City Police director Sr. Supt. Edwin Deocampo has expressed confidence that the police will eventually solve the two shooting incidents in Baluno where the victims were barangay officials.

Deocampo made this observation after his investigators managed to gather information on the identities of the gunmen who shot barangay chairman Felix Custodio last January 21 and the Kagawad Jose Rizaldy Fernandez last week.

In the case of Custodio, the police have already filed frustrated murder case against the suspects and investigation still underway to determine the mastermind of the slay attempt.
Deocampo said that the Ayala police led by Supt. Hado Edding, have already gathered evidences against the suspects who shot Fernandez, but names were withheld so as not to jeopardize ongoing  investigation.

Deocampo said the police have invited some residents of Baluno to shed light on the gun attack and some of them have undergone paraffin test at the 9th PNP Crime Laboratory.

He said his investigators are looking into every detail of  the two cases to avoid error in the filing of charges. 

He added that personal grudge was one of the motives behind the two incidents.
Deocampo assured that the men behind the two gun attacks will be jailed as soon as  warrants of arrest will be issued by the court. — Dan Toribio Jr.