Wanted alleged ‘hit man’ gunned down in Maasin PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 19 April 2014 13:37

An alleged member of a notorious gun-for-hire group who was behind the killing of a former kagawad of Sinunuc and linked to other criminalities in the city was shot dead by an unidentified assailant in Sabanah, Maasin Tuesday night.

Police identified the fatality as Arvy Francisco y Macaso, married, of Zone 2, Maasin. He sustained gunshot wounds in the chest and in the back of the body. He was rushed to the hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.

A police report disclosed that Francisco was at Sabanah, Maasin when he was shot twice by an unidentified gunman around 7 p.m.

The gunman disappeared after the incident, police said.

Francisco was tagged as the triggerman who shot and killed Armilete Aquino alias Bon, a former kagawad of Sinunuc. The killing took place at Zone 2, Maasin on February 11.

He was also tagged as behind the killing of Asari Arani y Sanai, 38, married, an evacuee from Rio Hondo on March 31, 2014.

Moreover, police said Francisco also tried to rape an 18-year-old woman in Putik and detained her in an abandoned house recently.

Police added that Francisco was also one of those who ambushed and wounded two policemen who were escorting teachers to Cabigan Elementary School last year.

Francisco had also pending warrant of arrest for frustrated and attempted murder with case numbers 27902 and 27903 issued by Judge Gregorio Dela Pena of the RTC branch 12 dated May 17, 2013. He was also wanted for theft with case filed in the RTC branch 1 in Isabela City. – Dan Toribio Jr.