Another gun violence kills 32-year-old man PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 24 July 2014 13:42



A little more than 24 hours after an electrical shop owner was shot dead in Barangay Cawit on Monday, a 32-year-old man was killed in yet another gun violence that has been causing apprehension among residents.

Jhonrey Altamia y Francisco, single, of Mampang. was driving a Mazda pick-up truck with his girlfriend and her 13-year-old son aboard when a motorcycle sidled up the vehicle and the backrider opened fire on them in Barangay Kasanyangan Tuesday night.

Altamia sustained multiple bullet wounds in the body and died on the front seat.

Tetuan Police Station commander Supt. Haywien Salvado said Altamia, his girlfriend and her 13-year-old son were on their way home to Mampang around 9:30 p.m. after celebrating the boy’s birthday, when the gun attack occurred.

Police investigators later learned that the gunman was Raymond Delos Reyes y Arcillas, a former Philippine Navy enlistedman, who is the estranged husband of Altamia’s girlfriend.

After shooting Altamia, Delos Reyes took his son and sped towards Mampang.

A police follow-up operation led by Salvado resulted in the recovery of the boy but  Delos Reyes was nowhere to be found.

Men of the Scene of the Crime Operative recovered four spent shells and a live ammunition of .45 caliber pistol at the crime scene.

Police quoted Delos Reyes’ wife to have denied having an affair with Altamia.

She told investigators that she and Altamia were childhood friends.

Police suspect that jealousy was the motive of the killing.

Salavado said he and his men were preparing murder charge against Delos Reyes.

On Monday night, an electrical shop owner was shot dead in Cawit.

Francisco Molenio Sr. y Rabanez, 66, of Barangay Guiwan, was shot by two gunmen on board a red-white sport-type motorcycle. He sustained multiple gunshot wounds on his body and was rushed to the Brent Hospital where he died while undergoing treatment.

Molenio was driving his gold colored multicab with three employees aboard coming from Barangay Talisayan, after delivering an  electrical motor thereat when a red-white motorcycle tailed them and upon reaching Cawit around 6:30 p.m.,when the gun attack happened.

Investigators recovered two .45 caliber empty shells at the crime scene.

The killers sped towards unknown direction, and police were still working on the case.

In another gun violence, a 17-year-old boy was shot and wounded by agunman at Sitio Cansilayan, Lubigan also Tuesday night.

Adzhar Abduh y Maani sustained bullet wounds in the left hand and in the stomach.

Police said that Abduh together with his father and some companions were aboard motorcycles negotiating a dimly-lit road when they heard gunfire.

Abduh was hit in the hand and stomach and was taken to theCristino Paragas Memorial Hospital for treatment.

The victim then was advised by the physicians to go home after treatment as he only sustained slight wounds.

Men of the Curuan Police Station were still working on the case. – Dan Toribio Jr.