Boy, 14, suffered burns from near electrocution PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 03 August 2014 14:34

A 14-year-old boy landed in the hospital after he accidentally touched a live wire at San Isidro St., Barangay Mercedes Friday night.

Roy Salazar y Francisco of Salaan was rushed to the Mindanao Central Sanitarium Hospital in Pasobolong for treatment of burns.

A police report disclosed that Salazar and his two companions broke into a parcel of land owned by Ronald Alcoran to get some electrical wires, but when he grabbed a wire he was jolted by electric current sedning him to the ground. Thewire it was still connected to a Zamcelco pole.

The boy was immediately taken to the hospital while his companions left the place.

Salazar was placed under observation by physicians as he suffered burns in the body.

Salazar is one of many youngsters in the city earning a living by collecting scraps in the different barangays and selling them to junkshops.

Police have warned these young men to take precautionary measures in entering a private lot to avoid similar accident. – Dan Toribio Jr.