Billboard worker electrocuted PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 01 September 2014 11:55

A 21-year-old man was electrocuted while setting-up a tarpaulin billboard at the junction of Nuñez Extension and Gov. Camins Avenue last Saturday afternoon.

Police identified the victim as Jade Makinano y Bagaub, 21, single, of Veterans Avenue.

Makinano expired hours later while undergoing treatment at the hospital

Initial investigation disclosed that Makinano and four companions were putting up a tarpaulin billboard of Acer around 1:30 p.m., when he lost balance and touched a live Zamcelco wire.

Police said Makinano suffered burns in the body and was rushed to the Zamboanga City Medical Center when he expired around 7:30 p.m. of the same day.

The body was taken to a funeral parlor for post mortem examination. – Dan Toribio Jr.