2 men die of electrocution PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 31 May 2011 16:17

Two men died of electrocution while fixing an artesian well during a fiesta celebration in Barangay Patalon yesterday.

The fatalities were identified as Igmedio Mallen, 54, and Richard Tumampal, both married.
Daily Zamboanga Times gathered that around 7 a.m., Tumampal was fixing their artesian well when the pipe he was holding accidentally touched a dangling livewire connected to a Zamcelco post.

While Tumampal trembled as his body was absorbing 7,500 volts of electricity, Mallen rushed to save him but he two was electrocuted.

Tumampal and Mallen sustained serious degree burns while some parts of their bodies were blown off due to the high voltage of electricity. They died on the spot.

Relatives of the two victims blamed Zamcelco for not fixing the dangling live wire in the area.
Residents said that even children can touch the live wire as it was hanging almost touching the ground.
The two bodies were taken to the Villa Funeral Parlor for post mortem examination. — Dan Toribio Jr.