Another blast rocks Central Mindanao PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 30 November 2014 15:02

Another explosion rocked Central Mindanao Saturday, the third this month of November.

Capt. Jo Ann Petinglay, spokesperson of the military’s Joint Task Force, said the latest bomb attack at Sitio Bagong, Barangay Timbangan, Sharif Aguak, Maguindanao took place around 8:10 a.m. No one was injured.

Petinglay said the blast came from unknown source.

She said the Army’s Explosives and Ordnance Division (EOD) conducted a IED paneling, while troops from the Army’s 45th Infantry Battalion proceeded to the area to conduct investigation.

Brig. Gen. Edmundo R Pangilinan, commander of the Army’s 6th Infantry Division, condemned the bomb attack and called on the people, local officials and MILF forces to be extravigilant and help look after the security situation in their respective areas to preempt similar terror acts.

“Let us altogether condemn and preempt terrorism,” Pangilinan said.

Two passersby were injured in a grenade blast along a busy thoroughfare Thursday night last week, barely four days after the bombing in North Cotabato that left a student dead and 15 others wounded.

The Cotabato City police identified the two victims as Cristel Mae Uy, 20, and 18-year-old Leslie Encina, who sustained shrapnel wounds in different parts of their bodies.

Investigators said the victims were near a spot where a grenade, hurled from a distance by a still unidentified man, landed and went off.

Encina and Uy were rushed by responding policemen to the Cotabato Regional Medical Hospital.

The incident was preceded by Sunday’s bomb explosion in Kabacan town in North Cotabato, which killed a student named Monique Mantawil and injured 15 others.