Octopus ‘adobo’ downs 10 persons PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 05 June 2011 17:47

At least 10 Maguindanao villagers, mostly barangay officials, were hospitalized after feasting on what they believed was spoiled “adobong pugita” or octopus cooked in soy sauce, garlic and onions.

Among the victims were Mario Kadingilan, village chair of Barangay Tubak in Ampatuan, Maguindanao and his wife.
He said the victims suffered severe stomach pain and nausea after having their dinner.

Lovely Kadingilan, wife of the village chair, said they bought the octopus from the public market of Isulan, Sultan Kudarat.
They were rushed to the Tamondong hospital in Esperanza, Sultan Kudarat.

Doctors were still determining what triggered the stomach pains and vomiting of the victims. Food poisoning is not ruled out, Lovely said.
Most of the victims were village councilors and workers who dined at the chairman’s house after a meeting.