Police on high alert PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 26 January 2015 11:56

City Police Director Sr. Supt. Angelito A. Casimiro said on Friday after the deadly bomb attack in Guiwan that the city is in full alert because of threat from the Abu Sayyaf.

Jail guards on Monday last week seized three .45 caliber pistols concealed in two charcoal stoves that were brought to the jail by a woman intended for detained Abu Sayyaf suspects.

According to police investigation the handguns were intended for Abu Sayyaf sub- leaders who would have used it to kill jail guards,  create a riot and then escape with the aid of their cohorts from outside.

A case of illegal of possession of firearms has been readied by the 9th Criminal Investigation and Detection Group against the woman whose name was withheld so as not to jeopadize ongoing operation and investion.

Casimiro the full alert status continued following the bomb attack in Guiwan.

President Noynoy Aquino arrived in Zamboanga City Sunday to comfort the families of the two fatalities and pay visit to the injured victims confined in three hospitals.

Casimiro said he can not lower the alert status as a result of the series of events. He thanked the Task  Force Zamboanga under Col. Andrelino Colina for providing back-up forces including two standby armored cars for any eventualities.

Casimiro urged residents to stay alert and vigilant and support the police in its security measures. — Allen Abastillas