Bangsamoro satellite office here subject to review — Beng PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 22 April 2015 13:24

Mayor Beng Climaco has reiterated for the nth time that Zamboanga City is not at present and will never be in the future a part of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) or any of its form, and to put up a Bangsamoro satellite office in the city is most likely not possible and will have to undergo a legal review by the local government unit.

Climaco was reacting to a reporter’s query about her statement on the proposal discussed during the meeting last week between the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) in Davao City, which was also attended by representatives of the Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC).

“We have just been attacked by the MNLFs and there are members accountable for the siege that has cost lives and loss of properties,” Climaco said, stressing that until now the MNLF is still being held responsible for what has happened to the city.

“The MILF, on the other hand,” the chief executive said, “even if it advocates for the Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL), the people of the city support the initiative for peace but we are not part of that.”

“They should also be sensitive to what has happened to the city,” Climaco averred. “I think the OIC has come up with a statement with regard to the attack on the city of Zamboanga and what we have shown during the siege was that we will never allow other people to attack—never again,” she added.

According to Climaco, the city government of Zamboanga must first and foremost be officially informed about the proposed Bangsamoro satellite office in the city, then it will be subject to review legally and views of the Sangguniang Panlungsod.

“As of now, we have not been informed yet,” she pointed out. — Vic Larato