Police anti-drug TF chief shot in head: Accident or suicide try? PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 30 August 2015 14:27

by Dan Toribio  jr.

A police official was rushed to the hospital in critical condition after his issued handgun allegedly went off hitting his head in his apartment at Bienvenido Drive, Canelar before dawn yesterday.

Insp. Johnny Gargar, chief of the Central Police Station’s Anti-illegal Drug Special Operation Task Force, sustained a bullet wound in the head and was admitted in a private hospital.

A police report disclosed that Gargar and his girlfriend Dorothy Mae Dela Cerna, 18, a resident of Culianan, had just arrived in their apartment after visiting her parents in Culianan.

It was learned that Gargar and Dela Cerna’s father had a drinking spree in Culianan before they went home.

Ms. Dela Cerna told the police that when they arrived in their apartment she went up the second floor  to change clothes while Gargar stayed on a long bamboo chair.

Dela Cerna told the police that she had reminded Gargar to put his pistol in a safe place.

It was learned that Gargar took his handgun from his waist and placed it on the table,  but he allegedly squeezed the trigger and went off hitting his head.

Dela Cerna said she screamed for help and rushed Gargar to the Ciudad Medical Zamboanga.

Police investigators recovered a spent shell, live bullet, a 9mm Glock pistol loaded and with a magazine containing 13 rounds of ammunition

Insp. Albert Alfaro, chief of Investigation Section, told DZT they were still digging further intothe case to determine the veracity of Dela Cerna’s statement. They were also trying to verify an earlier report that it could be a suicide.

It was gathered that Gargar and Dela Cerna figured in a heated argument before the incident took place.

Meanwhile, Aldovic Delos Reyes y Francisco, 27, of Barigon, Tugbungan was shot to death by a gunman at Apolinario Loop, Guiwan around 9:40 p.m. Friday, .

Delos Reyes sustained three bullet wounds in the body and head and died on the spot.

Police said the shooting took place while the entire Guiwan and other neighboring barangays were in darkness due to pestering sectional blackout.

Witnesses told the police that they heard three gunshots and later saw a motorcycle leaving the place heading for Tetuan.

Police suspected that Delos Reyes was brought to the area where he was killed.

Investigators theorized that the victim and the killers were known each other.

Recovered at the crime scene were two spent shells.

In another incident, Shelito Wee y Ignacio, of Maestra Vicenta, Sta. Maria, dodged a bullet fired from a gun by Feridon Kahid y Alsad, 38, of Salvador Street, same barangay.

A police report disclosed that Kahid who was drunk went to the house of Wee and shot him around 11:50 p.m. . Wee dodged the bullet and escaped unhurt.

The suspect left the place after the incident. – Dan Toribio Jr.