Councilor Ramos: Were there ghost IDPs in the 160 houses? PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 23 March 2016 13:28

In response to the statement made by Dr. Elmeir Apolinario in a news article publishedon March 18, 2016 entitled “City Hall downplays Masepla ‘bombshell” Councilor Percival Ramos asked: “Were there ghost IDPs staying in the 160 houses?”

The article read: “Dr. Apolinario pointed out that the shelters at Masepla-3 transitory site were temporary in nature in the sense the IDPs will not be staying there forever as they will be eventually transferred to their assigned permanent housing units.”

Ramos said that during the dialogue last March 15, 2016, CSWD Head Ma. Socorro Rojas already mentioned that the 160 houses were demolished by the City Government because there were no occupants and this was recommended by the Local Inter-Agency Committee (LIAC).

Dr. Apolinario was quoted in the March 18, 2016 article, as saying “the 160 shelters at Masepla-3, whose occupants have already been moved to the different permanent housing units, were demolished by the city government as these had been used for illegal activities like prostitution and drugs.”

Councilor Ramos also said that in an interview over a local radio station, Dr. Apolinario said that there were no occupants who are staying in the houses because the materials were lost and some were stolen. That is why the City Government decided to demolish the houses.

“And now he is saying the IDPs had already been moved to the different permanent housing units. What is he trying to say, That the occupants are GHOST IDPs?” Ramos asked.

Ramos also questioned: “Was there a COA inspection and clearance to demolish the houses? Was there a proper inventory and accounting of the materials from the demolished 160 houses?”

He said that they just want to know the real reason why the houses in Masepla Transitory site were demolished.  With the conflicting and contrasting statement from the CDRRMO chief Dr. Apolinario and CSWD Head Ms. Rojas, who is now telling the truth? (PR)