Que offers 500T for suspects in failed assassination attempt PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 29 March 2016 13:28

The mayor of Bongao, Tawi-Tawi has offered a cash reward of up to P500,000 for any information that will lead to the identification and arrest of the unknown suspects in the failed assassination attempt on the life of the top municipal government official.

Mayor Jasper S. Que, who has already fully recovered from several bullet wounds in the arm and body, said that he hopes that the offer of cash reward would open a major breakthrough in the investigation and finally lead to the capture of the perpetrators.

Que urged anybody with information that could help identify the two motorcycle riding men who opened fire on his vehicle along San Jose Road early last month to cooperate with the police.

The mayor has also sought the help of the National Bureau of Investigation to assist in the on-going probe, and said that any person with information could also contact the bureau.

Police investigators are looking into several motives for the assassination attempt, but no serious development yet in the case. However, spent shells and slugs recovered at the crime scene showed the gunman used FNP90 in the attack, according to an investigator in the case. FNP90 is a high-powered sub-machine gun that can easily be concealed because of its size. It is also not that easy to obtain by ordinary criminals because of its high price and availability.

To recall, Mayor Que, his driver Aidarus Bustama and Tubig-Thana ChairwomanJurmina Hasid were traveling from the Zamboanga City Airport to Sto. Niño when two motorcycle-riding men peppered their vehicle with bullets near the Baliwasan Central School around 8 a.m. on February 7, 2016.

Mayor Que, who is serving his second term as Bongao town mayor, is not running for reelection or any elective position in the coming May 9, 2016 general elections.