Paseo del Mar expansion underway PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 17 July 2011 15:48

A P33.4 million two-storey convention center with more than 500 seating capacity is now under construction at the City’s most popular site-the Paseo del Mar.
The said building is the newest development in the complex since the construction of the additional 4 stalls last October 2011.

According to City Engineer Luis Despalo the construction of the multi-purpose convention center started last month and projected to be operational next year.
“Actually, the project’s duration as far as construction is concerned is one year. However, with the emphasis of Mayor Lobregat to hasten all projects at hand, we are positive that the construction will finish earlier”, Despalo pointed out.

The building will have a touch of Spanish-American architectural design since it is within the Heritage Zone. It has mini-theatre type audio-visual room that can house about 50 persons, convenient for film showing and other gathering where visual presentation is a highlight.

On top of that, it will also have a multi-purpose function room and one concession designed for fine dining services.
According to Assistant City Administrator Elmeir Apolinario, the building will be under the care of the City Administrator’s Office as far as maintenance and operation are concerned.

“As soon as it will be operational, it will be opened for public booking where they can hold conferences, trainings and other gatherings”, Apolinario said. — Richard Aliangan/City Hall PIO