Lobregat says task force works quietly on Lunsmann kidnapping PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 26 July 2011 15:31

Mayor Celso Lobregat, chairman of the Crisis Management Committee (CMC) yesterday said the investigation and intelligence groups under Task Force Lunsmann are quietly working and gathering all information needed to resolve the kidnapping of 42-year old Gerfa Lunsmann, her 14-year old son Kevin Eric and 19 year old nephew Romrick Jakaria the earliest time possible.

This is the reason why, the mayor said, the CMC has not announced updates regarding the Lunsmann kidnapping July 12 in the island barangay of Tigtabon so as to give room to the investigation and intelligence groups to gather the necessary information.

“We are giving more space for the investigation and intelligence groups to gather all information needed, that is why we have not really given any updates in the sense
that the investigation and intelligence groups are quietly working”, the mayor said in an interview over the weekend.

The investigation and the intelligence efforts include the identification of the kidnap group, the location of the victims and other details. However, Mayor Lobregat stressed these pieces of information cannot be discussed while the investigation is ongoing and while the intelligence group is gathering information.

“The main concern is really the lives and safety of the victims”, the mayor reiterated as he assured that all efforts are being done to resolve the case swiftly. He said he would not confirm or deny any information that will jeopardize any of the activities being done in relation to the Lunsmann case.

He added: “For the safety of the victims we are quietly working and the different groups (under Task Force Lunsmann) are doing their work”.
It was Saturday last week when Mayor Lobregat confirmed that the captors contacted Mrs. Lunsmann’s husband in Virginia, USA demanding an undetermined amount as ransom for the freedom of the victims.

The chief executive would not reveal details concerning the ransom demand including the details about the group holding the victims as well as the whereabouts of the Lunsmann’s stressing that the lives and safety of the victims are the primordial concern at the moment.

He also ruled out the possibility of the Philippine government giving in to the ransom demand of the kidnappers.
Mrs. Lunsmann and son Kevin were on vacation in Tigtabon where they were snatched dawn of July 12. She is a native of Pangapuyan and was brought up in the United States by her foster parents who adopted her at the age of 9. She is married to a German national and is a holder of a US passport.

Records provided by the US embassy show that the Lunsmanns belong to a simple family in Campbell County in Virginia, USA. She is a veterinarian by profession while her husband is also a simple working man. — Sheila Covarrubias