Police anti-drug war update PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 19 August 2016 11:39

Chief Insp. Helen Galvez, City Police Office Information Officer, has reported that from July 1 to August 17, police have already submitted to the prosecutor office a total of 88 drug cases for filing in court.

Galvez said that those involved in the 88 cases have already been detained in cells of the different police stations while evidence like shabu and drug paraphernalia as well as marked money havebeen turned over to the 9th PNP Crime Laboratory for examinations.

She added that the police have conducted 101 drug operations including a serving of search warrant for violation of Republic Act 9165.

Galvez said that there had been 10 fdrug buy-bust operations where 11 target personalities were killed after they resisted arrest.

A total of 152 drug suspects were arrested and jailed while 431 sachets of shabu and two suspected ecstasy tablets have been seized.

A total of 274 pushers and 8,239 users surrendered and 11,775 houses were visited by policemen under the so called “Oplan Tokhang”. – Dan Toribio