Bunguiao double murder now under preliminary investigation PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 22 February 2017 11:24

by dan toribio  jr.

The abduction-slay case of a mother and son in Bunguiao is now under preliminary investigation at the Regional Prosecutor’s Office in Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay.

Special Investigation Unit Chief Supt Felix Martinez Jr said that double murder cases are expected to be filed with the Regional Trial Court in Zamboanga city after completing the preliminary investigation.

The office of Martinez upgraded kidnapping and carnapping cases initially filed against six suspects to double murder.

Martinez said that investigation is still ongoing to possibly include more suspects in the case.

It will be recalled that Clodina and her son Emim were seized by a group of persons along Bunguiao road while the two were heading towards the Bunguiao National High School.

Clodina was reportedly heading to a meeting of participants for the DENR’s National Greening Program at the time.

A few weeks later, Martinez and his men recovered motorcycle parts said to belong to Clodina inside a septic tank of a resthouse in barangay Bunguiao.

Police immediately filed charges of carnapping and kidnapping against resthouse occupants.

Late last year the skeletal remains of Clodina Divinagracia and her son Emim were exhumed along the super highway in Buenagatas, Boalan late last year.

Carnapping and kidnapping charges were thus upgraded to double murder.  (Dan Toribio)