Duterte: “I will order invasion of Jolo, if…” PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 22 April 2017 14:56

KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS

BY Atty. BATAS MAURICIO

LIFE’S INSPIRATIONS: “… For I hear many whispering, `Terror on every side!’ They conspire against me and plot to take my life…” (Psalm 31:13, the Holy Bible).

-ooo-

JOLO TO BE INVADED IF…: Invading Jolo to exterminate terrorist groups in the area will be ordered by President Duterte, if security threats to the ASEAN senior officials’ meeting that is being held in Bohol will require such an invasion. This was clarified by the President in his media interview in Bohol last Wednesday, April 19, 2017.

Here are excerpts of the President’s interview by media on the matter, forwarded to me by Vic Somintac, the Malacanang reporter of radio station DZEC, 1062 kHz, and my co-anchor at “Tambalang Batas at Somintac”, a commentary show which runs Mondays to Fridays, at 6 am, at DZEC:

“President Duterte: “Well, I hope it would not reach that point where we have to choose the last option. Because pagka ganon (if that happens) I will maybe invade Jolo. Invasion na lang talaga. But maraming ma-disgrasya diyan civilians, bata (but many will suffer, civilians, children)… But ‘pag naipit na ang bayan (if the country will have no other option), I will order the invasion of Jolo…”

-ooo-

“I WILL GIVE TERRORISTS IN JOLO TOTAL WAR”: The President clarified what he meant by “invasion of Jolo”, which is believed to be the place where members of terrorists groups in Mindanao are headquartered. He said: “Lahat ng Army, lahat ng Navy magpunta doon. Iyan bakbakan na talaga iyan. Kung iyan ang gusto nila, ibibigay ko (All the Army, all the Navy will go there. There will be total war. If that is what they want, I will give it to them)…”

Responding to a question of a reporter on the terrorist elements who went to Bohol last week, Duterte said his orders, once an invasion is commenced against Jolo, is to bomb the place. Here are his direct statements: Ang sabi ko lang sa kanila na lahat dito na magpunta na sa bukid, maghanap na (What I told them was that, all of them should look for the terrorist elements in the field)...

“… But anyway I said we are doing our best. The Army is here, the place is secured. We have more than enough officers to fight for one year if need be. So you are safe. But ang atin dito (what we want here) is the interdiction that they must not reach the places… beyond the Mindanao Sea. Dapat doon lang sila (They should be confined there). And we have the capability, ‘yon ang plano naming (that is our plan)…”

-ooo-

TERRORISTS WILL BE BLASTED, AND NOT ALLOWED TO SURRENDER: Duterte continued: “… Parang i-tag ka namin sa satellite tapos malaman na namin kung sige ka biyahe (We will be able to tag through satellite if you continue to do your thing). There was a good intelligence report.

“Kung makita ka namin, i-tag ka na namin so habang nagbi-biyahe ka my orders to the Navy is kung positive pasabugin na (If we see your movements, you will be tagged, and my orders to the Navy is to blast them). Wala nang surrender, surrender (No more surrenders). Ang sabi ko (What I said was) kanyunin (cannon) mo na, wasakin mo (blast them with cannons, destroy them.”

The President also disclosed his plans to arm civilians in Bohol to fight the terrorist elements. He said: “ Well, I intend also to arm the civilians and I will include the civilians. ‘Pag nakapatay ka (`If you will be able to kill), you don’t have to worry. You just go to the police and make the report and state your truth. Wala kang problema (you’ll have no proble), I’ll take care of you. I’ll pardon you or whatever…”

-ooo-

WATCH “ANG TANGING DAAN”, “KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS”, AT FB LIVE: Please watch “Ang Tanging Daan”, a round-the-clock Bible Exposition and prayer session at  www.facebook.com/angtangingdaan; and  “Kakampi Mo Ang Batas”, a legal counseling and news commentary program at www.facebook.com/kakampimoangbatas. Reactions: 0917 984 24 68, 0918 574 0193, 0977 805 9058. Email: batasmauricio@yahoo.com.