7 ASG members still at large in Bohol PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 22 April 2017 17:16

Authorities are still hunting down 7 members of the Abu Sayyaf group after a failed siege in a Bohol town last week.

This as a P1-million reward by the government is reportedly generating interest among residents and is helping to provide information which could lead to the possible apprehension of the suspects.

AFP Chief of Staff Gen Eduardo Año said that residents who have information on the whereabouts of the rebels only need to advise authorities on the bandits’ location.

The mlitary believes that most of the bandits are wounded from the gunbattle with government troops last week and are no longer capable to conduct atrocities in the area.

“They are running for their lives,” said AFP Chief of Staff Gen Eduardo Año.

The seven Abu Sayyaf members are part of the group of Abu Sayyaf leader Muamar Askali alias Abu Rami who went to Bohol to conduct kidnapping activities.

Abu Rami was killed in a gun battle with government forces.

Also killed were three other Abu Sayyaf members, three soldiers, a policeman and two civilians.  (LAJ)