Electrical primary cause of fire in Zambo PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 26 April 2017 10:57

By RG Antonet Go

Electrical problems have surfaced as the number one cause of fire in Zamboanga city, based on records of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP.)

Zamboanga City District Fire Marshall F/Chief Inspector Clint Cha attributes some conflagration incidents to cases of overloading and short circuit of electricity.

Cha advised residents to guard against overloading of electricity which normally happens when electricity is shared by two or more households.

Cha said that another leading cause of fire is unattended cooking and open flames.

Cha is reminding the public to avoid illegal electrical connections, not to leave charging gadgets and appliances unattended especially when leaving the house.

He also advises residents to have electrical wirings installed by professional electricians and regularly checked to make sure wires are not worn out.

Cha also tells residents to purchase wires that are of good quality and not sub standard. (RGAAGo)