Pet cat dies after eating "poisoned" fish Print
Thursday, 11 May 2017 11:58

By DAN TORIBIO

A pet cat was able to repay the kindness of his host family after he saved them from eating allegedly poisoned fish for breakfast last Tuesday.

The cat died soon after, making the Hernando family believe that the fish that they gave their pet cat was poisoned.

A police report disclosed that Rosemary Hernando, together with her husband, went to the wet market to buy Rompe Candao, the local term for barracuda.

While Rosemary was preparing breakfast, she  gave a portion of the fish to the family’s pet cat to eat.

Minutes later, members of the Hernando family were terrified upon seeing their pet cat suddenly fall unconscious and die.

The family suspected that the death of the cat was due to the fish which the cat ate earlier that day.

Rosemary and her husband brought samples of the fish to the Zamboanga City Central Police Station and to the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources for examination.  (Dan Toribio)