Construction worker electrocuted PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 13 May 2017 16:16


A 54-year-old construction worker landed in the hospital in critical condition after he accidentally touched a live wire and fell from a second floor building in Sta. Maria last Thursday afternoon.

Police identified the victim as Genito Pacatang y Catiloc, of Bagong Silang, Tumaga.

He sustained injuries and burns in  different parts of the body and was taken to the hospital for treatment.

Initial investigation showed that Pacatang, together with two co-workers, was painting the external portion of a building fronting the Sta. Maria Central School past 3 p.m. when he slid and touched a live wire.

The high voltage sent him down falling on the roof of a nearby establishment.

Paramedics rushed to the scene and took the victim to the hospital.

The victim is still under observation as of press time. – Dan Toribio