Police investigating alleged Dipolog abduction Print
Tuesday, 04 July 2017 15:53

Police are still investigating the reported abduction of a 72-year old man in Dipolog city who was allegedly seized by seven armed men last Saturday.

The man was identified as Deogracias Orquillas Recososa Sr., 72 year old, married and working as a furniture maker.

Recososa’s daughter, Irene, told police that her father had been forcibly taken by seven armed men on board a black van last Saturday night.

Hours after the incident, Recososa reportedly called Rosa Monera Wong, his employer, to inform her that he was in Malabang, Lanao del Sur together with two other victims of abduction.

Recososa also claimed that they were abducted by a certain Ahmad who was demanding P20,000 for gasoline and meals.

Police Regional Office-9 Spokesperson Chief Inspector Helen Galvez said that police have discounted the possibility of any abduction incident taking place along the area at that time.

Police are continuing investigation on the incident. ( Dan Toribio, with reports from Liza Jocson)