Ammonia leak at softdrink plant affects 1 PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 19 August 2017 15:48

A man was rushed to a local hospital after allegedly being exposed to a toxic chemical near a softdrinks plant along Tetuan, MCLL Highway yesterday morning.

The victim, identified as Bobet Ventura, complained of shortness of breath.

He was rushed by City Disaster Risk Reduction Management personnel by ambulance to a hospital.

Abdel Azsad Kandido, CDRRMO personnel, traced the cause of the victim’s malady to an ammonia leak from a drum-like canister inside the production room.

The Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) arrived and flushed the room with water to neutralize the stench.

Kandido said that firemen and employees wearing masks were able to patch up the cannister and thus prevent the leak shortly after the reported leakage.  (Nonong Santiago)