Soldiers killed in MILF area- Hataman Print
Wednesday, 15 November 2017 16:18

Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) Regional Governor Governor Mujiv Hataman has asked the government for more coordinative efforts after soldiers were killed in an MILF occupied territory in Basilan.

The Western Mindanao Command reported last week that at  least six soldiers were killed while four were wounded during an encounter between Abu Sayyaf members and government troops in Sumisip Basilan.

Although the planned operation started in Barangay Upper Cabengbeng in Sumisip, lawless elements reinforced the beleaguered Abu Sayyaf members when the gunbattle reached an area temporarily occupied by the MILF.

“As they edged towards the circumferential road, operating troops were met with heavy fire by lawless elements believed to be relatives and sympathizers of the Abu Sayyaf bandits,” said Colonel Juvymax Uy, TaskForce Basilan Commander.

Hataman said that the government should make more coordinative efforts to prevent another incident similar to Mamasapano.

He said that in Maguindanao the MILF are said to be the ones battling the BIFF, a lawless group.  (Remus Ong)