Overheated fan sparks fire Print
Monday, 07 May 2018 13:35

Remus Ong

 

An electric fan that overheated started a fire which burned three bedrooms of a residential house in Ayala last Saturday.

A Police Regional Office-9 report stated that the fire transpired at Calle Carmen, Zone 4 in Barangay Ayala at the residence of Richard Bernardo at 2:20 p.m.

Three bedrooms of the house were burned.

Investigation showed that the fire started when an electric fan inside the house overheated.

Bernardo said that prior to the incident, he heard a popping sound in his son’s room.

When Bernardo opened the door, the room was already burning.

Flames then spread toward the two other rooms of the house.Responding firemen declared fire out at 3:45 p.m.  (Remus Ong)