Military still monitoring 96 released MNLF members Print
Tuesday, 05 June 2018 11:49

The military is still monitoring the whereabouts of ninety-six (96) MNLF members who were recently released by order of the Pasig Regional Trial Court last week.

Newly designated Commander of the Western MIndanao Command General Arnel dela Vega assured Zamboanga officials and residents that the military has profiled the subjects before they were made to go home to their respective areas.

Dela Vega made the statement amid concerns that the MNLF members are establishing camps in Zamboanga City.

“They are welcome to places they wish to go to and live there as residents but never for them to establish their camps,” Dela Vega said.

The Westmincom Commander made the statements during the recent Regional Peace and Order Council meeting held last Saturday.

The Committee is chaired by Zamboanga Mayor Maria Isabelle Climaco- Salazar, who has expressed concern on the recent release of the MNLF members who were detained in connection with the 2013 Zamboanga siege.

Dela Vega said that under the peace agreement, the MNLF and the MILF are not authorized to establish camps in Zamboanga City and other areas outside their recognized territories. (LAJ)