15 SK kagawads can not assume post- DILG Print
Tuesday, 03 July 2018 14:36

By RG Antonet Go

 

A total of fifteen (15) Sangguniang Kabataan kagawads will not be able to assume their posts because of their failure to attend the SK mandatory training last month.

Jun Cillio, Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) chief operation officer, said that the kagawads come from the barangays of Arena Blanco, Curuan, LandangGua, Lapakan, Mariki, Pangapuyan, Quiniput, Sibulao, Tagasilay, Tumalutab, Zone 1, Rio Hondo and Tigtabon.

“Nohay sila abuya therefore they will not be allowed to assume office,” Cillio said.

The requirement on mandatory training is based on a joint circular by the DILG and the National Youth Commission (NYC).

The first training was held last month while a special training was conducted on June 29 to give a chance for those who were not able to attend the first one.

Cillio said that the concerned SK kagawads failed to heed their office’s constant reminder to attend the training.

The DILG will wait for further instruction from their head office on what to do with the kagawads.  (RGAAGo)