Zamcelco lineman electrocuted PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 04 August 2018 14:34

By Dan Toribio

A lineman of the Zamboanga City Electric Cooperative (Zamcelco) was hospitalized and now in critical condition after touching a live wire while fixing the power lines along Veterans Avenue yesterday morning.

Police are investigating however how lineman Jojo Montefalcon, 40, was electrocuted since the area was experiencing a power outage when the incident occurred.

The incident happened just before 11 a.m. near the Social Security System (SSS) office along Veterans Avenue, an area where a power outage had been reported since Thursday evening.

Upon reaching the area, Montefalcon’s co-workers proceeded to repair the lines.  A report said that one of the linemen requested the Zamcelco main office to make sure that power in the area was shut down.

While repairing the lines, Montefalcon suddenly touched a live wire which instantly electrocuted him.

“Umakyat na kami sa taas ng poste.  Ewan ko kung ano ang nangyari kung bakit biglang may kuryente ang kabilang linya,” said Hipolito Galvez, another lineman, who said that the area was still experiencing a blackout during the time of the repair.

The victim sustained high degree burns in the body and was reportedly in critical condition as of presstime yesterday.  (Dan Toribio)