Zambo Sur police send aid to Typhoon Sendong victims PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 09 January 2012 17:07

Zamboanga del Sur Police Provincial Director Sr. Supt. Jose Bayani Legados Gucela has reported to Police Regional Office 9 Officer in Charge Chief Supt. Mario B. Yanga that his command had sent relief goods to the victims of Typhoon  Sendong in Iligan and Cagayan de Oro Cities last December 27,2011.

The Zamboanga del Sur police’s assistance to the Sendong victims was dubbed as “ Oplan Tabang Sendong”. 

The relief goods included foodstuff, clothings, sardines, noodles, kitchen utensils, bottled water and sleepers  loaded. The distribution was personally led by Sr. Supt. Gucela.

Gucela also reported to PRO9 headquarters that  about 60 wanted  persons from the different municipalities in the province were arrested since Task Force Manhunt was created last year which is provided for under a letter of instruction from Camp Crame. The Task Force is  led by Supt. James Espinosa.

Meanwhile, Gucela lauded all the different police station commanders in the province for a job well done during the yuletide season which was significantly peaceful in Zamboanga del Sur.

Gucela said there was no reported major incident that has caused death  or damaged property. There was also no indiscriminate fring of guns during the New Year’s revelry.Only five minor incidents involving firecracker injuries were reported.

Gucela said his command continues its security measures in the province and Pagadian City as a cultural show and a trade fair are ongoing in connection with the celebration of the Sto. Niño fiesta on the third Sunday of January.

The Sto. Niño fiesta is the first and biggest celebration in the city for the month of January. — Allen Abastillas