2 kidnapped Europreans not in Sulu — Marines Col. PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 20 February 2012 14:01

Col. Orlando De Leon, commanding officer of the Philippine Marines’s 2nd Brigade has denied that the two Europeans kidnapped in Tawi-Tawi last February 1 was brought to Talipao, Sulu, one of the brigade’s areas of jurisdiction.

“There are no indications that the kidnap victims were brought to my area,” said De Leon in an interview. 

Col. De Leon said he had earlier received a report that the two Europeans were in his  area of jurisdiction, but after checking it, his men found an indicators that the two kidnap vicitims were in Talipao.

He said he always relies on his troop operations based on any  information given to him by the intelligence community and “we always validate the veracity of the raw information to ensure that we will know the truth so that we can move and operate to rescue the victims if they are in my area of jurisdiction,” De Lleon explained.

Ewold Horn of Holland and Lorenzo Vinzigueere of Switzerland with Filipino tourist guide Nestor Cabaluas from Davao City. were on bird watching  trip in Tawi-Tawi when gunmen seized them at the vicinity of Sitio Luuk-Luuk, Barangay Parangan, Panglima Sugala, Tawi-Tawi.
The victims were taking pictures and documentingrare bird species called Brown Doves when the incident happened.
The tourist guide managed to jump into the sea from a pumpboat and escaped. — Allen Abastillas