WMSU produces 19 new lawyers PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 03 March 2012 13:47

Nineteen graduates of the Western Mindanao State University-College of Law made it to the 2011 Bar Examinations given by the Supreme Court. The new lawyers hurdled the written examinations held during the four consecutive Sundays of November at the University of Sto. Tomas in Manila.

The results of the examinations, having been released last February 29 of this year, held much triumph and celebration not only for the College of Law but for the university as well.

Among the newly-minted lawyers are Atty. Jason C. Abulon, Atty. Katrina Q. Acana, Atty. Mohammad Ahmad N. Amsawa, Atty. Anathalia B. Angare, Atty. Rona T. Chua, Atty. Alexis C. De Lima, Atty. Liza Ann A. Gagaracruz, Atty.Sheilwin U. Habibun, Atty. Normina R. Hadjula, Atty. Yasser M. Hakim, Atty. Mustafa Dreza W. Harain, Atty. John Michael V. Lavista, Atty. Angely P. Medalle, Atty. Margarita T. Palad-Bernante, Atty. Baltazar S. Saradain, Atty. Henry H. Simyunn, Atty. Suzette A. Tucay, Atty. Evelyn D. Verganio and Atty. Hyacinth M. Rojas. The 19 new lawyers are among the 1,913 Bar Exam passers for 2011, whose names the Supreme Court bared last Wednesday.

College of Law Dean- Atty. Eduardo F. Sanson, much proud and grateful of the favorable results, will send forth a motorcade in honor of the new lawyers on March 3. The motorcade around the city proper will be participated by law students, College of Law faculty, alumni and the new lawyers themselves.

On the other hand, it was in the 2011 Bar Examinations that multiple choice questions (MCQ) were introduced for the first time, covering 60% of the exams and the remaining 40% consisted of essay. The examinations should be able to assess the following skills:  knowledge and recall; comprehension and understanding; and analysis and application according to the Supreme Court.

The new lawyers are looking forward to their Oath-taking on March 21 at the Philippine International Convention Center, Pasay City, Metro Manila. WMSU-Public Affairs Office)