RCDG questions Lobregat’s latest move on IBT project PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 17 May 2012 15:23

RCDG Construction Corp. represented by its lawyer Vicente Solis, has questioned in court Mayor Celso Lobregat’s action in  awarding the contract for the construction of the controversial Integrated Bus Terminal (IBT) to another bidder, who was already advised to submit the details of the engeneering plans for the project.

“Lobregat should confer first with his lawyer. He has to answer everything before the court as to the initial activity that underwy at the site of the proposed bus terminal ,” Solis said in an interview over Tatak- RMN Zamboanga yesterday morning as he confirmed that RCDG has already asked the Regional Trial Court to set hearing  tomorrow, May 18, 2012.

“We want them to confirm before the court that indeed a preliminary activity has already been started at the site and for the court to issue a resolution relative to our pending motion in which we are reiterating our previous application for the issuance of a preliminary injunction,” Solis said.

Solis explained that if the court will agree with them, all activities that Lobregat has undertaken will stop.

“No one can do to stop what he (mayor) wants. But there are laws to be  followed. What we are saying, the mayor’s action in cancelling the contract given to RCDG is illegal, unlawful and not authorized by law,” Solis said.

He appealed to the mayor to leave the matter first before the court until its final resolution of the case.

“The court controls its process. It’s up for the court to decide later,” said the Bar-topnotcher as he further explained that what his client is fighting for is to regain the award that Lobregat had earlier given them after winning the bid.  The award was cancelled leading to a court case filed by RCDG Construction.
RCDG has moved for the issuance by the court of a preliminary injunction to stop all rebidding activities ordered by the Bids and Awards Committee for the construction of the IBT.

Last Tuesday, Lobregat announced that BenHar and 3VC, a Manila-Zamboanga City consortium, which won the re-bidding for the project, is set to start anytime the construction of the IBT. — Jimmy Villaflores