Negotiation ongoing for release of Jordanian, 2 Filipino assistants PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 05 July 2012 13:49

Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Jesse Robredo said that negotiations are now ongoing to free Al Arabiya Southeast Asia bureau chief Baker Abdulla Atyani and his two Filipino assistance from their Abu Sayyaf captors.

Robredo declined to give additional details on the matter.

The DILG chief also stood by his claim that the three were kidnapped by the Abu Sayyaf, basing his stand on the report that one of the Filipino cameramen managed to text his wife that they were being held captive by the bandit group.

He said that matters would have not gotten out of hand had the Jordanian newman and his team cooperated with authorities in planning their Sulu interview.

Reported missing on June 12 are Atyani and his Filipino crew Rolando Letrero and Ramelito Vela.

This was after the trio failed to return to their room at the Sulu State College Hostel where they checked in at 11 p.m. on June 11
At 5:45 a.m. on June 12, the three men were reportedly fetched by a man driving a multicab and have not returned since then.

The group was supposedly were in Sulu to interview ranking Abu Sayyaf leaders.