Kidnapped in Kabasalan, Chinese exec freed in ZC PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 27 August 2012 14:11

One of the two Chinese nationals who were kidnapped in Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay on June 4, 2012, was released in Arena Blanco, Zamboanga City at dawn yesterday.

An informed source told Daily Zamboanga Times that Jian Luo alias James Luo, 43, executive of a mining company and a native of Guandong, China, was dropped in Arena Blanco around 1:30 a.m.

His companion, Lin Yuankai alias Jampong Lin, 38,  remains in captivity.

It was learned that an emissary met with negotiators in a hotel in this city last Saturday where they  had a secret negotiation.

The sources said that the amount of P5 million was delivered by the emissary at the hotel’s parking lot where it was picked-up by two men riding tandem on a motorcycle.

Luo was fetched in Arena Blanco and was brought to the said hotel where he is presently staying.

Kabasalan, Zamboanga Sibugay Mayor George Cainglet confirmed the release of Luo after the payment of ransom.

To recall,  Luo and Lin were abducted by six gunmen who broke into a house owned by Joyan Chiong in Barangay F.L Peña about 8 p.m.on June 4.

The two victims were herded by the gunmen and at gunpoint were dragged into a getaway vehicle, a white van with plate number WTE 606, which sped off towards unknown direction.   

The two Chinese businessmen had been frequenting Kabasalan for five years now. – Dan Toribio Jr.