2 girls, pa hurt in kitchen fire PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 13 November 2012 14:15

A 10-year-old girl, her younger sister and their father landed in the hospital after a fire broke out in their kitchen at Sitio Binaloy, Curuan yesterday morning.

The victims were identified as Nilda Amilul, 10, Nurmin Amilul, 4 — both  sustained high degree burns in their body — and their father Hussin Amilul, 67, who suffered minor burns in the arm.

A police report disclosed that Hussin, his wife and their four children had just arrived home from planting seaweeds around 8 a.m.

Because they were all hungry, Hussin poured gasoline on the firewood in their kitchen to start a fire.

However, when Hussin lighted the firewood wet with gasoline, it produced huge flames that caused him to panic.

Hussin tried to put off the fire by striking it with an object, but the flames instead scattered and hit his two daughters in their body.

Hussin’s arm was also hit by flames while he was trying to save his children.

The victims were rushed to the hospital for treatment.

The two minors were placed under observation because of the high degree burns in their body. – Dan Toribio Jr.