Lobregat requests for special Council session PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 12 December 2012 14:20

Mayor Celso Lobregat has requested the City Council to convene today on a special session to tackle a number of urgent matters such as the grant of financial assistance to suffering brethren in Eastern Mindanao which was badly hit by typhoon Pablo last week.

The grant of financial assistance amounting to a total of P2 million for the provinces of Compostela Valley and Davao Oriental which were ravaged by Pablo, was endorsed by the City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (CDRRMC) during a meeting Monday.

The Per CDRRMC recommendation, the City Government will allocate P1 million each to Compostela Valley and Davao Oriental representing assistance to victims of the
calamity wrought by typhoon Pablo.

As in the previous donations, Lobregat said the financial assistance is a show of sympathy and concern for fellow Filipinos in Eastern Mindanao which was badly hit by the typhoon that hit the country last week.

The amount, he said, will help alleviate the plight of the people in the area.

In view of the CDRRMC resolution, authored by member Councilor Abdurahman Nuño, Mayor Lobregat has sought the City Council authority for the release of the amount to be taken from the calamity funds of the city.

The City Council is on Christmas break and can only convene upon the request of the chief executive or by a majority of the members of the august body.

Aside from the issue on the calamity funds, the Council, per request of the mayor will also tackle about priority ordinances, barangay budgets, tricycle franchises and other vital and urgent issues. — Sheila Covarrubias