Akbar optimistic kidnapped resort owner is alive, well PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 14 January 2011 11:07

Basilan Governor Jum Akbar yesterday expressed optimism that kidnap victim Larry  Delos Santos is alive and well.

Delos Santos was abducted on December 14,2010 at his resort in Barangay Lanote, Isabela City. His captors have demanded a P20 million ransom for his release.

Gov. Akbar said she is working hard and and coordinating with law enforcers and different local leaders to secure the safe release of Delos Santos.

During a meeting yesterday with Akbar, 12th Scout Ranger Company Commanding Officer Capt. Gerald Pensona told the governor that his men have been combing the areas where Delos Santos is suspected being kept by his captors.

Delos Santos' daughter Nene, who is managing the family restaurant, told this reporter that his father had been taking maintenance medicines daily to normalize his blood pressure and other cure other ailments.    She expressed hope that her father will be released soon.

Meanwhile, Gov. Akbar supported the call of Zamboanga City Mayor Celso Lobregat for a strict gun ban implementation in Zamboanga Peninsula.

She said the province and Isabela City have been implementing gun ban. She called on the people to be alert and vigilant and help the authorities in combating lawlessness. --  Allen Abastillas