Celso convenes crisis body to tackle case of missing Ustadz PDF Print E-mail
Thursday, 31 January 2013 15:07

Mayor Celso Lobregat yesterday morning convened the Crisis Management Committee relative to the disappearance of Ustadz Nasser Bashir Mussalam in Sitio Malandi, Barangay Patalon since January 21.

The executive session of the CMC held at the City Hall conference room was attended by top police and military officials headed by PNP regional director Chief Supt. Juanito Vaño, Councilior Abdurahman Nuño, Zamboanga City Police Office director Sr. Supt. Edwin de Ocampo and representatives of the ustadz’ family and members of the Islamic religious group.

Lobregat said the meeting was to find updates on the incident, especially on the ongoing investigation by Task Force Bashir headed by Supt. De Ocampo.

The mayor, however, declined to divulge any update on the incident even as he urged the public, especially members of Ustadz Bashir’s family to share with the authorities any information regarding the abduction.

“We are appealing to the family to help us in the investigation and if they have information to please give it to the police. Any information will be treated confidential,” Lobregat said even as he urged the public not to rely on text messages. “We have to rely on actual eye witness account,” he added.

So far, he said, police were able to trace the owner of the vehicle recovered at the abduction site as somebody from Pampanga.

Reports indicate that the ustadz was forcibly taken by armed people on that fateful day of January 21 and has not been seen ever since.

According to the mayor, no lead has been established as of the moment and that there has been no contact nor demand from the suspects as of yet. — Vic Larato