PRO-9 nets 91 guns so far under Comelec gun ban PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 09 March 2013 10:48

Police Regional Office-9 Director Chief Supt. Juanito B. Vaño on Thursday disclosed that his command has so far confiscated 91 assorted firearms in connection with the Comelec gun ban.

The 91 firearms were seized from violators from January 13 to March 3.

According to Vaño,  appropriate charges have been filed against the violators.

“We are strictly implementing the Comelec gun ban,” Vaño  said.

On the other hand, Vaño disclosed that 150 gun owners in the region with expired licenses have surrendered their firearms to the police during the duration of the Comelec gun ban. 

Vaño said the police will have to  process the documents of the gun owners before their firearms will be returned to them  after the Comelec gun ban period. — Allen Abastillas