Young painter electrocuted PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 26 January 2011 11:21

An 18-year-old house painter was electrocuted, while his father suffered injuries at a construction site in Miputak, Dipolog City last Sunday afternoon.

Dead on arrival at the hospital was Geral Tubil, single, while fighting for his life was his father Samuel.
The young Tubil succumbed to severe burns while his father suffered lesser serious injuries when both of them fell from a three-storey building where they were working about 3 p.m.

A police report said the father and son where painting a newly constructed apartment when the young Tubil accidentally touched a live wire connecting to a transformer.

Police said that due to high voltage, the transformer  exploded sending the young Tubil and his father down to the ground.

Co-workers rushed the father and son to the hospital but attending physicians failed to revive Geral while his father was still in critical condition. — Noning R. Antonio