Lineman hurt in livewire mishap PDF Print E-mail
Saturday, 19 February 2011 15:17

A lineman of the Zamboanga City Electric Cooperative (Zamcelco) landed in the hospital after he accidentally touched a live wire while repairing lines along Governor Lim Avenue last Thursday night.

The victim, Reynaldo Giron y Manago, 37, married, of Tumaga was confined at the Zamboanga Doctors Hospital and was placed under observation.

Investigation showed that at past 6 p.m., the areas in Camanchille Drive, Pilar Street and some parts of Gov. Lim Avenue, particularly at Southway Square Mall, plunged into darkness.

Giron and other Zamcelco trouble shooters went to the areas to check . They proceeded to a Zamcelco post near the Southway Square Mall where Giron was tasked to climb the post to check the defect. But while he was doing so, a live wire accidentally touched his right shoulder.

The victim was able to remove his body from the live wire but he sustained minor burns due to the strong voltage.

The victim was rushed to the hospital by his co-workers. — Dan Toribio Jr.