Bizwoman abducted, then freed hours later PDF Print E-mail
Sunday, 08 September 2013 14:38

A businesswoman was seized gunmen in Barangay Tipan, Gutalac, Zamboanga del Norte but she was released few hours later Wednesday night.
Irish Alicaway y Torigosa, 26, a widow and  businesswoman and a resident of Barangay Tipan was abducted by three fully armed men, two of whom identified as Commander Totong and Commander Sain/Salim.
Police said that Alicaway was dragged to a double-engine motorized pumpboat and was brought to Barangay Pagatpatan, Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte at 11 p.m.
However, around 2 p.m. the following day, Alicaway was released and was fetched by helpful residents aboard two motorcycles. She was brought to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay where she was placed under the custody of Edgardo Valeros, 52, married, a businessman and  a resident of Barangay Tiayon, Ipil.
Valeros then reported the incident to Police Sr. Insp. Manolo Echem, Officer-In-Charge of the Gutalac Municipal Police Station.
Investigation showed that Alicaway was sleeping inside their residence, when she was awakened by loud knocking on their door. She opened the door and was surprised to see three armed men, who invited her to come with them. When she refused, she was forcibly taken to a waiting pump boat that sailed towards Barangay Pagatpatan, Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte. 
She said that while they were sailing, she was informed by the two commanders that they were just following the order of Reynaldo Carubio,  former general manager and now Mill Superintendent of  the TVI Resource Philippines, Inc. based in Sitio Cantuan, Barangay Tabayo,  Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte.
Moreover, Alicaway disclosed that she secretly informed Valeros through text message that she was abducted by GM, referring to Carubio.
Around 2:30 a.m. Thursday, the pumpboat docked at Barangay Pagatpatan.  They were told to wait for Carubio.
Around 8 a.m., Carubio met them and asked Alicaway in Visayan dialect “pwede ba kita mag-uli?” (can we reunite?).
However, she refused to agree with his proposal.
Around 10:00 a.m of the same day, Carubio left the area and placed Alicaway under the custody of seven armed men who escorted her in going to Ipil where she was released. – Dan Toribio Jr.