Palace condemns MNLF attack in ZC PDF Print E-mail
Tuesday, 10 September 2013 14:56

Malacanang condemned the attack early this morning of suspected Moro National Liberation Front members in Zamboanga City.

Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda, in a statement, said the Palace condemns the attack on Zamboanga City in the strongest possible terms. It is incumbent on all people of goodwill to reject the violence, he said.

“The on-going attack of armed individuals in Zamboanga City, including initial reports of the possible use of civilians as human shields, is a cause for great concern,” Lacierda said.

He added that authorities are moving to reduce the risk to innocent civilians and restore peace and order to Zamboanga City at the soonest possible time.

“The city government has appealed to the national government to help; the President had been briefed on the situation and continues to receive updates,” Lacierda added.

Lacierda called on the public to refrain from spreading speculation regarding the situation.

“We ask our fellow citizens to refrain from spreading speculation: fear and alarm spread by disinformation will only help those intent on disrupting the lives of residents of Zamboanga City,” said Lacierda.