Clearing operation suspended — PNP PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 09 October 2013 13:29

Police Regional Office-9 information officer Chief Insp. Ariel Tolorio Huesca on Monday said the clearing operations at areas affected by the 25-day fighting had been temporarily suspended due to bad weather.

Huesca said the Task Group Suyud temporarily suspended the clearing operations since Friday afternoon until Monday.

The official said since the first day of Phase 2 clearing operations, authorities were able to recover 280 various unexploded ordnance (rifle grenade, hand grenade and 40 mm rounds used in grenade launcher) and 11 assorted firearms.

He added the Police Regional Office’s crime laboratory also recovered and processed 156 bodies of which 146 were MNLF rebels.

Of these recovered bodies, 10 were civilians, and three were female rebels.

Huesca added that 45 other bodies were also recovered, 35 of which were already decomposed.