Arrest warrants out for Misuari, Malik, et, al PDF Print E-mail
Friday, 11 October 2013 13:03

The Regional Trial Court in Zamboanga City issued on Wednesday two warrants of arrest for MNLF founding chairman Nur Misuari and four other MNLF sub-commanders in connection with the deadly attack in this city recently.

The two warrants are for violation of the rebellion law penalized under Article 134 of the Revised Penal Code as amended and violation of Section 4 (b) subsections (1) and (3) in relation to Section 7, of Republic Act 9851, otherwise known as “The Philippine Act on Crimes against International Humanitarian Law, Genocide and other Crimes against Humanity”.

The said warrants were issued by Judge Eric Elumba of RTC Branch 13 for the arrest of Nur Misuari, Ustadz Habier Malik, Bas Arki, Assamin Hussin and others.

No bail bond was recommended for their temporary liberty.

The warrant of arrest commands any law enforcer who could locate and serve the warrant to bring the accused to the nearest police station or jail upon their arrest.

Misuari was charged as the mastermind of the attack led by Malik that left several civilians, soldiers and policemen dead and caused the destruction of properties worth millions of pesos.

Authorities have evidences linking Misuari to the atrocity. Some were recovered in his house in San Roque during a raid covered by a search warrant last week.

Meanwhile, Justice Secretary Leila Delima in a press statement said that authorities consider Malik as at large despite unconfirmed reports on his death during the stand off.

Delima said there is no confirmation yet that Malik was indeed killed.

“We consider him at large as of now,” Delima said. – Dan Toribio Jr.