Monday, 02 September 2013 15:26
Thousands of people walked, run, convoyed towards Paseo Del Mar in Zone IV, this city, yesterday to participate in the Advocacy for Security Awareness and Peace (ASAP) initiated by the Police Regional Office 9 (PRO9).
PRO9 regional director Chief Supt. Juanito Vaño Jr. told Zamboanga Today that the activity was similar to a triathlon where participants walked, run, pedaled their bicycles to the venue area simultaneous with the motorcade.
Vaño said the activity started in three separate venues in Baliwasan Chico, Pasonanca and Boalan then ended at Paseo del mar where the Advocacy for Security Awareness and Peace (ASAP) commenced as one of the pre-peace summit activities.
Participants came from the toddlers “Kiddie Cops” headed by Jonathan Cole Wee, grade 2 pupil of Chong Hua High School with 15 kids; Regional Support Training Unit 9 (RSTU9); PRO9 personnel; Western Mindanao Command led by Lt. General Rey Ardo; Naval Forces Western Mindanao (NAVFORWM) led by Rear Admiral Isabelo Gador; Philippine Air Force led by Brig. General John Esteoesta; Bureau of Fire Protection; Task Force Zamboanga headed by Colonel Andrelino Colina; Crime Watch volunteers; bikers group; academe; religious sector; local government unit led by Mayor Beng climaco; Regional Offices; boys and girls scouts of the Philippines; local barangay units and other stakeholders.
The activity ended with a pledge to support the peace efforts of the city by signing at the covenant Wall for Peace by the participants.
Vaño was elated over the positive response of the Zamboangueños and assured that the Philippine National Police (PNP) with their Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) counterparts will do their best to attain peace and serenity in Zamboanga Peninsula. (Eugene A. Lasprilla)
Caption: Police Regional Office 9 regional director Chief Supt. Juanito Vaño Jr. addressing the thousand crowds during the commencement of the Advocacy for Security Awareness and Peace (ASAP) yesterday at Paseo del Mar. Inset photo are the Kiddie Cops.
By EUGENE A. LASPRILLA
- 27/09/2013 00:00 - Carwash boy shot
- 27/09/2013 00:00 - Gov’t websites hacked during “Million People March”
- 27/09/2013 00:00 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS
- 27/09/2013 00:00 - IS BENG APPLYING THE 3-3-3-WAY?
- 02/09/2013 15:30 - Climaco acts to free city’s billions for own projects
- 02/09/2013 15:22 - Mayor wants city's growth outside downtown area
- 02/09/2013 15:22 - DOLE prepares for another three month fishing ban
- 02/09/2013 15:21 - Young man drowns in Dulian falls
- 02/09/2013 15:21 - Soil erosion may cause disaster in Tigbalabag road says Cong. Lilia
- 02/09/2013 15:20 - PMA Prexy bats for passage of laws favoring health workers